Clicks2.4K

The Swiss Town of St. Moritz

Irapuato
1
geobeats Swiss Town of St. Moritz
Irapuato
St. Moritz is first mentioned around 1137-39 as ad sanctum Mauricium.[3] The town was named after Saint Maurice, a Coptic Orthodox, and Roman Catholic saint.
Pilgrims travelled to Saint Mauritius, the church of the springs, where they drank from the blessed, bubbling waters of the Mauritius springs in the hopes of being healed. In 1519, the Medici pope, Leo X, promised full absolution to …More
St. Moritz is first mentioned around 1137-39 as ad sanctum Mauricium.[3] The town was named after Saint Maurice, a Coptic Orthodox, and Roman Catholic saint.
Pilgrims travelled to Saint Mauritius, the church of the springs, where they drank from the blessed, bubbling waters of the Mauritius springs in the hopes of being healed. In 1519, the Medici pope, Leo X, promised full absolution to anyone making a pilgrimage to the church of the springs. In the 16th century, the first scientific treatises about the St. Moritz mineral springs were written. In 1535, Paracelsus, the great practitioner of nature cures, spent some time in St. Moritz.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint-Moritz