The Chapel in the Tower

A Romanesque chapel, St. John's is on the second floor of the White Tower, which was built in 1077–97 as a keep or citadel, the oldest part of William the Conqueror's powerful fortress. It was …More
A Romanesque chapel, St. John's is on the second floor of the White Tower, which was built in 1077–97 as a keep or citadel, the oldest part of William the Conqueror's powerful fortress. It was constructed from stone imported from France. The chapel has survived complete from the early Norman period, making it the oldest church in the City of London.
Source: Lawrence OP on Flickr