3
4
1
2
Clicks983

typhoon Ambo in the Philippines

padre geremia
'Ambo' leaves 16 injured, 5 missing By Alexis Romero (The Philippine Star) Updated June 04, 2012 12:00 AMComments (0) MANILA, Philippines - Sixteen persons were injured and five others reported …More
'Ambo' leaves 16 injured, 5 missing
By Alexis Romero (The Philippine Star) Updated June 04, 2012 12:00 AMComments (0)

MANILA, Philippines - Sixteen persons were injured and five others reported missing as typhoon “Ambo” lashed various parts of Luzon yesterday, disaster management officials said.
The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) reported that nine persons were injured in the Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) while seven were hurt in Calabarzon.
In San Mateo, Rizal, five workers of Manila Water Co. were injured when they were pinned down by a collapsed bridge foundation. The accident occurred in Barangay Ampid 2 in San Mateo town.
A certain Federico Gutierrez and Cesar Bravo suffered minor injuries after their houses were in the path of a landslide in Barangay San Roque, Antipolo City.
The nine injured persons in CAR figured in an accident that happened in Natonin, Mountain Province.
The victims were passengers of a utility jeep that fell into a ravine at sitio Pammangawao, Barangay Banawel.
Wounded during the accident were Asiw Fiatey, 62; Pablo Dumalsin, 49; Berta Astero, 38; Ruby Astero, 2; John Tamog, 19; Pio Magno, 77; Valentine Tawaran, 61; Josephine Dumalsin, 49; and Ordie Tawaran, 35.
Three of the five missing were from Bicol and one each from Calabarzon and Mimaropa.

The latest to be reported missing is seven-year old Richard Atulan who slipped and fell into Cainta River. Authorities are now searching for the victim.
Also missing is Rommel Largueza, 17, of Sta. Maria in Romblon, who went fishing last Friday but has not been seen since then.
NDRRMC said three residents from Pandan, Catanduanes, namely Romarico Bermejo, Carlito Dequiros and Nelson Panti Jr. have been missing since May 31.
Thirty-two other fishermen were rescued in rough waters off the eastern island of Catanduanes on Saturday, hours after their boat ran out of fuel during the storm, local police said.
Some 36 domestic flights of Cebu Pacific and AiphilExpress to Legaspi, Naga and Caticlan were also canceled due to bad weather in the region.
Meanwhile, two children identified as Princess Beyonce Abrera, 2, and Shawn Mori Abrera, 4, drowned in sitio Kiwit, Barangay Sagrada in Busuanga, Palawan as Ambo moved away from the country.
NDRRMC executive director Benito Ramos, however, clarified that the incident "is not related to Ambo" since the typhoon was already in Batanes when the incident happened.
"The two were last seen playing at the back of their house near the Kiwit River," Ramos said in a text message to The STAR.
The victims' bodies were recovered by search and rescue teams in a mangrove area 200 meters away from the river.
Ramos added that local disaster officials are ready to provide assistance to residents of typhoon-hit areas.
The Army's 9th Division based in Bicol has alerted the disaster response units of the 901st, 902nd and 903rd brigades for possible rescue operations. The Air Force and Navy in Southern Luzon have also been placed on standby.
Ramos said the Social Welfare department offices along the typhoon's path had been alerted and are now closely monitoring the situation in landslide-prone areas.
The government has pre-positioned P1.49 million worth of standby funds and P9.16 million worth of relief supplies for typhoon victims.