Mother Lillian of Paradise
A brief story of Mother Lillian of Paradise Venosa, December 20th, 1911 – Rome September 28th, 2009 Mother Lillian of Paradise was born on December 20, 1911 in Venosa, Potenza, Italy, by Anthony …More
A brief story of Mother Lillian of Paradise Venosa, December 20th, 1911 – Rome September 28th, 2009 Mother Lillian of Paradise was born on December 20, 1911 in Venosa, Potenza, Italy, by Anthony Montereale and Mary Louise Grieco. She received the Baptism on Jenuary 6, 1912 in the Cathedral of St. Andrew and was given the name of Maria Domenica. At the age of 4 she remained orphan of the father who died on December 8, 1915, during the first great war. Mum Louise, to respect the wishes of her husband on February 1916 brought Mary Domenica in the orphanage run by the Sisters of the Divine Zeal, founded by the saint Father Hannibal Mary of France in Altamura. The baby girl will stay with the nuns only until April of 1917, against the advice of the holy Founder who saw in her a very “special” girl. In the meanwhile, Mary Domenica, in March of 1916 had become blind because of scarlet fever she had contracted. The Mother after having tried the path of human science without getting any result, turned in faith to God asking the grace through the intercession of Saint Lucy. Mary Domenica recovers, miraculously, the sight on August 15, 1920. On October of 1927 Mary Domenica, unexpectedly, became blind again, but on November 1st, 1928 she got the joy of seeing, incredibly better than before, after that Mother Louise had, finally, fulfilled the promise she had made to Saint Lucy Mary Domenica, feeling called by God, at nineteen years old decided to consecrate herself entirely to God and on September 15, 1932 joined, as a postulant, the Institute of the “Sacro Costato” Missionary Sisters in Gravina di Puglia. Later she will be put under the care of the Mother of Novices, Sister Therese of Jesus Obedient born in Polla, a small town in the Province of Salerno. Here she got her religious name: Lillian of Paradise! On February 7, 1935, Mother Lillian of Paradise inspired by God and followed by Sister Therese of Jesus Obedient, got out from the Missionary Sisters to start a new catholic institute: The Society of the Queen of the Lilies at the service of the Church. Mother Lillian, later, wrote that her “reason for life” had always been the White Queen of the Lilies and her Message of Purity. In 1938 with Sister Therese she moved to Naples and to her death on March 1940, Mother Lillian moved, with the first sisters, to San Giorgio a Cremano To accomplish with the will of God, Mother Lillian wanted to raise, in San Giorgio A Cremano, a Temple in honor of the Queen of the Lilies consecrated by the Cardinal of Naples H.E. Cardinal Crescenzio Sepe, on June 14th of 2008. Mother Lillian of Paradise returned to the Father’s House on September 28, 2009. Fr. Elijah of M. C.