José Manuel Jiménez Aleixandre revealed on MarcoTosatti.com (September 20) the tricks with which Cardinal Braz de Aviz (Religious Congregation) operates against the Heralds of the Gospel:
• Without giving reasons, Aviz imposed a commissioner, Cardinal Damasceno, on the Heralds.
• Damasceno repeatedly expressed his perplexity about Aviz’ authoritarian behaviour, refused to apply Aviz’ decree, but later complied under pressure. Aleixandre, “The commissioner was put under a commissioner.”
• Aviz claims that the pupils in the Heralds’ schools are “excluded from their families,” the discipline is “too rigid,” and there is a “need to prevent abuses,” ordering that all pupils had to return home at the end of the school year. Aleixandre, “If these minors are in danger, why leave them for another six months at risk?”
• Aviz referred to anonymous "communications,” avoiding the terms “accusations”/“complaints” in order not to allow the Heralds to defend themselves.
• Aviz’ claims were contradicted by 2583 parents whose signatures were sent to Damasceno and Aviz who never replied.
• Six Brazilian courts threw out the slanders used by Aviz.
• Prominent Brazilian lawyers - Ives Gandra da Silva Martins and Dircêo Torrecillas Ramos – drew up, from their own initiative, an expert opinion on Aviz’ decree discovering serious illegalities.