Cardinal Calls On Francis to Stop Belgian Homosexualists
He writes that it is the first time that a bishops' conference "allows" such "blessings" and that this is based on Amoris Laetitia. However, Eijk explains that the meaning of the term "discernment" used by AL is ''that people in an irregular relationship are brought to understand what the truth is about their relationship."
In other words, "they come to understand that their relationship violates God's created order and is therefore morally unacceptable." Eijk lists five objections to the "blessing" text:
1. The prayer in which homosexual couples "commit" themselves to each other is similar to a wedding ceremony.
2. Situations that are wrong from a moral point of view cannot be blessed. God's grace does not shine on the way of sin.
3. The text contradicts the statement of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith of February 2021.
4. The text makes homosexuals say "by your word we will live" even though God's Word qualifies homosexual acts as a sin.
5. If homosexual concubinages can be "blessed", so can a man and a woman who live together without being married.
Eijk expresses the absurd hope "that the Flemish bishops will soon be asked by ecclesiastically competent circles to withdraw their declaration and that they will comply with this request."