Archbishop Emeritus of the Abuja Catholic Archdiocese, John Cardinal Onaiyekan, has declared that the Federal Government is fully aware of those responsible for the ongoing killings across Nigeria, insisting there is no longer any justification for inaction as insecurity worsens nationwide.

parallelfactsnews.com

Govt Aware of Those Responsible for Killings in Nigeria—Cardinal Onaiyekan - Parallel Facts

Archbishop Emeritus of the Abuja Catholic Archdiocese, John Cardinal Onaiyekan, has declared that the Federal Government is fully aware of those responsible for the ongoing killings across Nigeria, insisting there is no longer any justification for inaction as insecurity worsens nationwide.
In an interview on ARISE News on Saturday, Cardinal Onaiyekan said the scale of violence, abductions, and community attacks reflects a failure of leadership, stressing that officials must act decisively rather than downplay the severity of the crisis.
“Nobody can counteract that Nigerians are being killed. They are being killed. And we believe the government knows who are those killing Nigerians,” he said.
Onaiyekan criticised what he described as the government’s persistent denial of mass killings, warning that millions of Nigerians now live in fear while expecting urgent solutions.
READ MORE:
He argued that authorities must acknowledge the reality of widespread insecurity instead of defending …

1277
Novena - Oremus

The Cardinal urged the government to “name, shame and deal with” all those supporting or financing terrorism in the country, saying impunity has emboldened attackers who “are killing and getting away with it.”

...a mother and her little daughter, both stricken by the plague, [were] trapped in a house whose door had been sealed. Without hesitation, the scion of the illustrious Borromeo family used a ladder to climb through an upstairs window into the room where the two lay. The mother was dead. After praying for her soul, the Cardinal descended the ladder holding the child tightly in his arms. The child survived. Deeply moved by this incredible act, Manning rightly exclaimed: “A deed worthy of a picture.”

onepeterfive.com

The Colossus of Lombardy: Saint Charles Borromeo

Doctor in civil and ecclesiastical law, an aristocrat by birth on his father’s side—Count Gilbert of Arona—and also on his mother’s side, Margaret (the sister of Pope Pius IV), who descended from the Milanese branch of the famous Medici family, Charles Borromeo (1538–1584) can truly be considered, in every respect, an
The first significant detail we learn from Father Giussano’s biography concerns the origins of this terrible epidemic. It all began with the visit of a distinguished figure of the time, Don Juan of Austria. In his honor, the notables of Milan had prepared lavish celebrations. This happened at precisely the same time when, at the initiative of Cardinal Archbishop Charles, numerous acts of devotion were being organized to revive Christian piety. The festivities in honor of Don Juan could only distract the public’s attention, deeply saddening the saint’s heart. Without resentment but with profound lucidity, he foretold the consequences of these thoughtless worldly …

219

A new wave of anti-Catholic violence struck Nigeria on November 17, when armed men attacked St. Stephen’s Parish in Kaduna State. They kidnapped parish priest Father Bobbo Paschal along with an unspecified number of parishioners. During the assault, the attackers also killed Gideon Markus, brother of Father Anthony Yero, according to the Archdiocese of Kaduna.

fides.org

AFRICA/NIGERIA - Catholic priest kidnapped in Kaduna State.

Abuja (Agenzia Fides) – Another Catholic priest has been kidnapped in Nigeria. Father Bobbo Paschal, parish priest of St. Stephen's Parish Church in the Kushe Gudgu Kagarko Local Government Area (LGA) of Kaduna State (in north-central Nigeria), was captured by armed men who attacked the rectory in the early morning hours of November 17. According to the Archdiocese of Kaduna, the bandits also took an unknown number of other people hostage. During the attack, the criminals killed Gideon Markus, the brother of another priest, Father Anthony Yero. "We invite all men and women of goodwill to join us in securing the safe release of all those kidnapped as soon as possible," reads the statement, which was signed by the Chancellor of the Archdiocese of Kaduna, Father Christian Okewu Emmanuel. Also on the morning of November 17, at least 25 female students were kidnapped by an armed group who attacked the Maga Government Girls’ Comprehensive Secondary School in the Danko/Wasagu Local Government …

430
katholisch.de

Kardinal Brandmüller: Für ein neues Konzil ist es noch viel zu früh

Der deutsche Kurienkardinal Walter Brandmüller ist Kirchenhistoriker. Im Interview sagte der 96-Jährige, was er als einer der letzten Zeitzeugen über das Zweite Vatikanische Konzil (1962-1965) und dessen Folgen denkt.
"Traditionalisten" führte, waren hingegen die Exzesse der Nachkonzils-Zeit, als man nicht die Beschlüsse von "Sacrosanctum Concilium" umsetzte, sondern eigene Dinge hinzuerfand und mancherorts die Liturgie – meist unbeanstandet – in Willkür und Chaos endete.
KNA (Archivbild)
Feierliche Eröffnung des Zweiten Vatikanischen Konzils am 11. Oktober 1962 im Petersdom, der als Konzilsaula diente.
"Nostra aetate" über die Elemente der Wahrheit in den anderen Religionen und über "Dignitatis humanae" zur Glaubens- und Gewissensfreiheit. Das sind zeitbedingte Erklärungen des Konzils, die mittlerweile überholt sind – man denke nur an die damaligen Aussagen über den Islam oder über die sozialen Kommunikationsmittel.
Konzil von Trient, das 1563 endete. Einige zentrale Beschlüsse …

3741
Alfredus .

Für ein neues Konzil ist es naturgemäß noch zu früh ... ! So lange die alten Köpfe von Kardinälen und deren Auftraggeber die Freimaurer, das Sagen haben, kann das neue Konzil nur noch Chaos bedeuten ! Denn wenn viele Ungäubige mit Modernisten konferieren, kommt nur Ungeist heraus und den haben wir schon beim letzten Konzil gehabt ... !

Ein Woelkchen

Preis dem einundzwanzigsten Konzil,
Das den Völkern weist ihr höchstes Ziel
Und durch strengen Lebenssatz verbürgt,
Daß nun Reich und Arm sich nicht mehr würgt.
"Das Lied der Linde"
DAS LIED DER LINDE von der kommenden Zeit

Leo XIV is expected to be asked to resolve one of the longest-standing consequences of the Reformation by formally designating St Mary’s Pro-Cathedral in Dublin as the city’s official Catholic cathedral.

thecatholicherald.com

Pope asked to make St Mary’s Dublin’s first Catholic cathedral in 500 years

Pope Leo XIV is expected to be asked to resolve one of the longest-standing consequences of the Reformation by formally designating St Mary’s Pro-Cathedral in Dublin as the city’s official Catholic cathedral.
The proposal, which marks the 200th anniversary of the Pro-Cathedral’s completion, would end half a millennium without a dedicated seat for Dublin’s Catholic archbishops.
Despite representing the faith of the majority in the Irish capital, St Mary’s occupies an unassuming site on Marlborough Street in the north inner city. The location was deliberately chosen in the early nineteenth century, when Catholics were still emerging from the shadow of the Penal Laws.
Fr Kieran McDermott, the cathedral’s administrator, told RTÉ that the original intention had been to build on the site where the General Post Office now stands on O’Connell Street. “That was in the aftermath of the 1798 Rebellion and some of the Penal Laws against Catholics were still in force,” he explained. “So the …

4575
Beatus Vir

Too bad that most (not all) Catholics in Ireland now no longer believe in anything. They will still demand all the bells and whistles though = hatched, matched and dispatched. They voted in large numbers for "same-sex marriage" and abortion and have to date killed 50,000+ unborn Irish babies. In the meantime the Bishops are busy pushing synodality bulls~~t!

K R Ross

A Catholic majority country has its Catholic Cathedrals stolen from it. The Catholic populace is relegated to a temporary building constructed during penal times when practicing Catholicism was persecuted by the minority Protestant fat cats. The Church of Ireland is a false and irrelevant church of land rewarded apostate landlords. Down with tyrants! Who has the Book of Kells? A Catholic treasure. You guessed it. The Church of Ireland who expropriated it ( euphemism for ‘stole’). The English genocided the Irish during the Potato Famine by exporting out Ireland all cattle and beef. What was left? A few blighted, moldy potatoes. Would Sunni Muslims stand for the Shia taking over Mecca, Medina and the Grand Mosque in Jerusalem? Hell no! Irish Catholics put up with blood thirsty tyrants stealing everything that they could get their hands on, while savagely persecuting the Church back into the catacombs ie, Mass Rock, St. Oliver Plunket, Bishop and Martyr, pray for us! vs. Sir Oliver Plunkett …More

Bishop Claudiu-Lucian Pop, 53, is the new Major-Archbishop of the Romanian Greek Catholic Church, succeeding the late Cardinal Lucian Mureșan.

bisericaromanaunita.ro

Preafericirea Sa Claudiu-Lucian Pop este noul Arhiepiscop Major al Bisericii Române Unite cu Roma, Greco-Catolic

Sinodul Episcopilor Bisericii Române Unite cu Roma, Greco-Catolice, reunit în sesiune extraordinară la Roma în perioada 2-6 noiembrie 2025, l-a ales pe Preasfinţia Sa Claudiu-Lucian Pop, în prezent Episcop Eparhial de Cluj-Gherla, ca Arhiepiscop și Mitropolit de Alba Iulia și Făgăraș și Arhiepiscop Major al Bisericii Române Unite cu Roma, Greco-Catolice.
Noul Arhiepiscop Major a obținut confirmarea alegerii din partea Sfântului Părinte Leon al XIV-lea, în conformitate cu prevederile canonice.
Înscăunarea Preafericirii Sale va avea loc în data de 15 noiembrie 2025 la ora 11.00 în Catedrala Arhiepiscopală Majoră „Sfânta Treime” din Blaj. Ulterioare detalii legate de acest eveniment vor fi anunțate în zilele următoare.
Pomenirea ierarhiei în cadrul celebrărilor liturgice se va face în felul următor: „Pe Sfântul Părinte Papa LEON, pe Preafericitul Părinte Arhiepiscop CLAUDIU, pe Preasfințit Episcopul nostru (N.), …”.
Preafericirea Sa Claudiu-Lucian Pop s-a născut în data de 22 iulie 1972…

35.6K
sl.news shares this

Leon XIV. je danes potrdil vodjo romunske grškokatoliške cerkve: Škof Claudiu-Lucian Pop, star 53 let, je bil imenovan za glavnega nadškofa romunske grškokatoliške cerkve in je nasledil pokojnega kardinala Luciana Mureșana. Rodil se je leta 1972 v Satu-Mareju in bil sprva študent kemije, nato pa se je preusmeril v teologijo in študiral v Rimu ter doktoriral iz duhovne teologije. Služil je v Rimu in Parizu, leta 2011 pa je bil posvečen v škofa. Leta 2019 je organiziral obisk papeža Frančiška v Blažu, leta 2021 pa je postal škof Cluj-Gherla. V okviru Romunske škofovske konference vodi komisiji za ekologijo in komunikacije. Znan je po svoji zvestobi papežu Frančišku in poudarjanju sinodalnosti. Junija 2021 je za spletno stran EparhiaClujGherla.ro dejal: "Hodimo skupaj, kot nas k temu spodbuja papež Frančišek."

csk.news shares this

Lev XIV. dnes potvrdil hlavu rumunskej gréckokatolíckej cirkvi: Biskup Claudiu-Lucian Pop, 53-ročný, bol vymenovaný za hlavného arcibiskupa rumunskej gréckokatolíckej cirkvi, ktorý nahradil zosnulého kardinála Luciana Mureșana. Narodil sa v roku 1972 v Satu-Mare, pôvodne bol študentom chémie, prešiel na teológiu a študoval v Ríme, kde získal doktorát zo spirituálnej teológie. Pôsobil v Ríme a Paríži a v roku 2011 bol vysvätený za biskupa. V roku 2019 organizoval návštevu pápeža Františka v Blaji a v roku 2021 sa stal biskupom v Kluži-Gerle. V rámci Rumunskej biskupskej konferencie vedie komisie pre ekológiu a komunikáciu. Je známy svojou vernosťou pápežovi Františkovi a dôrazom na synodalitu. V júni 2021 pre EparhiaClujGherla.ro povedal: "Kráčajme spoločne, ako nás k tomu nabáda pápež František."

More than 5.4 billion people globally could face persecution and discrimination for their beliefs, according to a new report from Aid to the Church in Need (ACN)
The report highlights grave violations of religious freedom in 62 countries: 24 classified as “persecution” (the worst category) and 36 as “discrimination” (the second most serious category).

acninternational.org

Religious Freedom Report

A Catholic aid organization foundedin 1947 to help war refugees.Since 2011 recognized as a papal foundation, ACN is dedicated to the service of Christians around the world, throughinformation, prayer and action, wherever they are persecuted or oppressed or suffering material need.
ACN supports every year an average of6000 projects in 150 countries, thanks to private donations, as the foundation receives no public funding.

192

Luisella Scrosati: The Vatican confuses the issue by rejecting Mary Coredemptrix

newdailycompass.com

The Vatican confuses the issue by rejecting Mary Coredemptrix

The Vatican confuses the issue by rejecting Mary Coredemptrix
The Dicastery for the Doctrine of the Faith judges it inappropriate to speak of Coredemptrix. This title, which was used several times by Saint John Paul II for Fernández, risks 'obscuring the unique salvific mediation of Christ'. However,
On Tuesday, 4 November, the Dicastery for the Doctrine of the Faith published an 80-paragraph doctrinal note titled
Mater Populi Fidelis, approved by Pope Leo XIV. In it, we are told that, 'Given the need to explain Mary's subordinate role to Christ in the work of Redemption,
his responses to questions on blessings for same-sex couples, the death penalty, and human dignity. He was expected to be the first prefect to be dismissed with the new pontificate, yet here he is, rejuvenated and ready to continue his work of confusion. Evil has been given more time to defy divine patience and test the faith of Christians.

2271
Paolo F

"the Doctrinal Notes no longer exist to clarify confusing matters, but rather to confuse matters that were already clear." Spot-on!

la verdad prevalece

Tucho Fernandez: “When an expression requires many, repeated explanations to prevent it from straying from a correct meaning, it does not serve the faith of the People of God and becomes unhelpful.” Kind of like “synodality” or “Fiducia Supplicans” or Amoris laetitia or "poor" or "Madre Terra"? 🤔

Two seminarians of Nigeria’s Auchi diocese who were kidnapped in July have been released. A third seminarian died “in the course of the ordeal.”

aciafrica.org

Two Nigerian Minor Seminarians Released Months after Kidnapping, One Killed in Captivity

Auchi, 04 November, 2025 / 10:43 pm (ACI Africa).
The
Catholic Diocese of Auchi in Nigeria has announced the release of two Seminarians who were abducted in July during an armed attack on Immaculate Conception Minor Seminary, Ivianokpodi, while confirming the death of a third victim.
In a statement issued Tuesday, November 4, the Assistant Director of Communications of Auchi Diocese recalls that during the July 10 incident, Seminarians Japhet Jesse, Joshua Aleobua, and Emmanuel Alabi-were abducted.
Fr. Imoedemhe further says in the statement shared with ACI Africa, “We are grateful to God for the safe release of Japhet Jesse much earlier and, most recently, Joshua Aleobua, who regained his freedom on 4 November 2025.”
“However, with deep sorrow, we announce the passing of Seminarian Emmanuel Alabi, who lost his life in the course of the ordeal,” the Nigerian Catholic Priest laments.
Fr. Imoedemhe goes on to extend the condolences of the Local Ordinary of Auch, Bishop Gabriel Ghiakhomo …

1298
K R Ross

Orate, fratres.

The ruling ensures that the statues of St. Michael and St. Florian will not be installed while the case proceeds.

aclum.org

Massachusetts Court Blocks Religious Statues on Government Building in Quincy

September 3, 2025
Norfolk Superior Court today granted a preliminary injunction blocking the planned installation of two large statues of Catholic saints outside the entrance of the new public safety headquarters in Quincy. The ruling ensures that the statues of St. Michael and St. Florian will not be installed while the case proceeds. The court also denied the City of Quincy’s motion to dismiss the lawsuit.
The lawsuit was brought in May by a multifaith group of Quincy residents, who argue that the plan violates the separation of church and state, as codified in the Massachusetts Constitution. The plaintiffs are represented by the American Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts, the ACLU, Americans United for Separation of Church and State, the Freedom From Religion Foundation, and Cloherty & Steinberg LLP.
“My Christian faith is at the core of my life — and the City’s plan to install religious statues at the entrance to a government building goes against that faith,” said
In its …

250

Anglican community has gone in full split/schism

anglican.ink

The future has arrived: GAFCON takes control of the Anglican Communion

To our dear Anglican brothers and sisters in Christ.
Grace and peace to you in the name of our risen Lord Jesus Christ, on the Commemoration of the martyrdom of Hugh Latimer and Nicholas Ridley.
The first Global Anglican Future Conference (GAFCON) gathered in 2008 in Jerusalem to prayerfully respond to
In the absence of such repentance,
Our Gafcon Primates gathered this hour to
We resolved to reorder the Anglican Communion as follows:
As I declared in my statement two weeks ago,“the reset of our beloved Communion is now uniquely in the hands of Gafcon, and we are ready to take the lead.”
As has been the case from the very beginning,
At our upcoming G26 Bishops Conference in Abuja, Nigeria from 3 to 6 March 2026, we will confer and celebrate the Global Anglican Communion.
Please pray that we will lead our Communion in prayerful submission to the Holy Spirit as we hear the voice of Jesus in his wondrous Scriptures, to the glory of God.
Yours in Christ,
Thursday 16th October, 2025

166.4K
Sally Dorman shares this

Earlier this month, GAFCON (the Global Fellowship of Confessing Anglicans) declared itself the new “Global Anglican Communion.”
Formed in 2008 as a conservative response to the appointment of the first openly gay bishop in the U.S. Episcopal Church, GAFCON claims to represent the majority of Anglicans, though this is disputed by liberal Anglicans.
Its latest rebranding comes after the announcement that Sarah Mullally, a woman, will become the next Archbishop of Canterbury, the traditional head of the Church of England.

Katrin Kaufmann shares this

80 Prozent der Anglikaner spalten sich von Canterbury ab

On Princess Gloria

firstthings.com

Germany’s Escalating Kulturkampf - First Things

The Jagdschloss Thiergarten in Donaustauf near Regensburg was destroyed by a fire on the night of October 6. The hunting lodge was a jewel of architectural historicism. The structure was built during the 1890s in the English hunting lodge style, with a gabled roof, natural stone base, and rich interior design, including doors that played a built-in zither when opened. The castle belonged to the popular Princess Gloria von Thurn und Taxis, who rented it to a golf club. On October 9, Antifa claimed responsibility for placing “several incendiary devices” in the building.
Princess Gloria is a well-known
The wave of deadly political violence in 1970s Germany began with arson attacks as well. The Antifa manifesto claiming responsibility for the attack on the precious monument says it was intended to serve as a “warning,” citing Gloria’s connection with Steve Bannon and Viktor Orbán, as well as her stance against abortion. It was also a “direct reaction” to the imprisonment of Hanna S.,…

241